Use your Quicken® software to access Online Banking via Direct Connect1.
We recently updated our Online Banking system. Starting on May 21, 2014 to continue using Quicken, you will need to complete an account deactivation and reactivation process. Learn how.
- Download your transactions and balances for your checking and savings accounts.
- Pay your bills online.
- Transfer funds between eligible accounts.
- See all your finances on one page.
- Utilize the personal financial management tools that Quicken offers.
How to set up your Fremont Bank accounts in Quicken®
- Click on the "Tools" drop down menu, Select "Add Account"
- Choose the account type you wish to add (Checking, Savings, Credit Card, etc.)
- Enter "Fremont Bank" when asked which bank you'd like to add an account from, Click on the blue highlighted link
- When prompted to put in your "Access ID & Password" use your Fremont Bank Personal Online Banking ID and Password, Click connect
How to update your Fremont Bank account to get your recent transaction history in Quicken®
- When looking at your account information on the right, above transactions there is a button labeled "Account Actions"
- After clicking you should see a drop-down menu, Click "Update Now"
- When looking at your accounts, on top of the left column, above "All Transactions", Click the Blue Circular Arrow.
- Direct Connect via Quicken® uses the .QDF file format. Fremont Bank supports Direct Connect with versions of Quicken® 2005 and newer.
Linking to Non-Fremont Bank Websites