The road to financial freedom can be often be more easily obtained by those who follow a plan created to help them work towards their specific investment goals. Let our LPL1 Financial Representatives help you take the first steps toward building a confident financial future, by designing a P.L.A.N.
Pay yourself first
- Promise yourself to take advantage of your employer's retirement plan, whether it's a 401(k), a 403(b), or any other kind of contributory plan.
- Consider Dollar Cost Averaging, instead of investing assets in a lump sum, frequently investing smaller amounts may be more practical for many and can help lower the average cost per share.
- Dollar cost averaging involves continuous investment in securities regardless of fluctuation in price levels of such securities. An investor should consider their ability to continue purchasing through fluctuating price levels. Such a plan does not assure a profit and does not protect against loss in declining markets.
Live within your means
- Promise to pay off your credit cards. Credit card debt is the number one reason most people can't get ahead. Paying the minimum balance due on a $10,000 credit card balance with an 11% interest rate could take 20 years to pay off.
- It's often more rewarding to save for something vs. putting it on a card and getting stuck with payments. If you can't afford it, think twice about buying it.
- Financial fitness is a commitment, a lifestyle, similar to going to the gym and eating right.
Assure your families stability
- Write or update your will. Wills are not just for the rich. Regardless of how much or how little money you have, a will may ensure that whatever personal belongings and assets you have will go to beneficiaries you designate.
- If you have children, a will allows you to appoint a guardian for them in the event of your death.
- Life events such as buying a home or having a child could change the amount of coverage a family needs, work with financial professional to assess the amount of coverage you and your family may need.
Never stop learning
- Write down your financial goals, this is your road map to financial freedom.
- Work with a financial representative can keep your up to date with new investment opportunities available to you and your family.
- Regular reviews can help keep your investment choices on pace with your needs based on risk tolerance and time horizon.
To learn more about creating a financial P.L.A.N., contact us today to schedule a complimentary, no-obligation appointment. Call (800) 400-7067.
1 Securities and Advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor, member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates. Fremont Bank and FB Financial Services, a Division of Fremont Bank are not registered broker/dealers and are not affiliated with LPL Financial.
Investment and Insurance Products offered through LPL Financial are:
|NOT A BANK DEPOSIT
||NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK
||MAY LOSE VALUE
||NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY
Linking to Non-Fremont Bank Websites