How can I protect my banking info in case my device is lost or stolen?
Here is a list of best practices to protect your data now before anything happens to your device:
- Lock your phone by enabling a password or PIN lock code, and set the screen timeout to five minutes or less.
- Enable the Find My Phone feature, so you can track down your phone if you lose it.
- Avoid using auto-complete features that remember names or passwords. Protect your passwords and never reveal them to anyone.
- Manage your apps safely. Download apps only from trustworthy sources, like iTunes® or Google Play™, and don’t install a new app until it has established a good reputation. Keep applications updated, and remove applications you no longer use.
- Don’t “root” or “jailbreak” your device or install third-party firmware.
My device was stolen or lost—now what?
If your device was stolen, or is irretrievably lost, follow the following steps:
- Notify your cell phone provider to suspend or deactivate your service until your device is located or replaced. If you have the feature enabled, remotely wipe the data from your phone.
- Call Fremont Bank at 800-359-BANK (2265) to unregister that phone for Mobile Banking acces.
- Change your online banking password (and any other passwords for accounts or apps containing sensitive information.)