Helpful tips to use Mobile Deposit
Account Eligibility Requirements:
- Fremont Bank Checking or Savings account
- Enrolled in Online Banking
- Enrolled in Mobile Banking
System and Application Requirements:
- Current iPhone or iPad model
Current Android mobile device
Cameras with 2.0+ Megapixel resolution
The Mobile Banking Downloadable App installed (visit the app store from your device or click the link in the text message provided during enrollment)
Deposit Limits and Cut Off Times:
- Standard $2,500 daily deposit limit per user
- Cut-off Hour. Our current cut-off hour for Mobile Deposits is 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a mobile deposit before the cutoff time, on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after the cutoff time, or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
Mobile Deposit Instructions:
- Log in to your Fremont Bank Mobile Banking app
- Endorse the back of the check as “Mobile Deposit to Fremont Bank” and your signature
- Select Deposits from the Menu
- Select Deposit Check
- Select the account to receive the deposit
- Enter the amount of the check
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check
- You will receive a confirmation on your phone that your deposit is being processed
- Write on the front of the check “Mobile Deposit” on DATE (where date is the full date you deposited the check by Mobile Deposit)
- Securely store your check for 5 days after deposit, and destroy after 14 days
Check Image Tips:
- Take photo against a background with a strong contrast between the check and the surrounding area
- Position the camera above the check so there is no angle
- Move any objects that show up in the picture away from the check
- Make sure the check is visible, contains all four corners, is well lit and in focus
- The check must contain a readable; check number, payee name and endorsement
- The check must contain a readable MICR line at the bottom of the check
- The check must contain a readable character (numeric) amount of the check and legal amount of the check
- The check must be drawn on an institution located within the United States
Check Safekeeping, Retention and Destruction:
- Mobile Deposit users are required to retain the original check for 5 days but no longer than 14 days after the deposit has been transmitted to the bank.
- This provides sufficient time for research in case there is an issue with the image quality or if the original item is required for any other reason
- The paper check should be stored in a secure place with “Mobile Deposit, DATE” (where DATE is the full date you deposited the check by Mobile Deposit)
- Mobile Deposit users are required to securely and irretrievably destroy the original paper check after 14 days.
- A cross-cut or diamond shredder will assist in complete destruction of check information.
- Do not leave deposited checks lying around, do not put deposited checks in trash or recycle containers, unless they have been shredded first.
Availability of Funds:
Subject to our right to hold funds as otherwise provided under this Agreement and the deposit account agreements, availability of credit from Items processed under this Agreement will be subject to our funds availability schedule, which may be amended. Funds from deposit made via Mobile Deposit generally will be available for withdrawal on the first business day after the day of deposit. The first $200 of your deposits will generally be available no later than the first business day after the day of deposit. If funds will be delayed beyond the first business day on any part of your deposit, we will mail you information about when your funds will be available.
You agree to scan and deposit only “checks” as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC (“Reg. CC”). When the image of the check transmitted to Fremont Bank is converted to an Image Replacement Document for subsequent presentment and collection, it shall thereafter be deemed an “item” within the meaning of Articles 3 and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
You agree that you will not scan and deposit any of the following types of checks or other items which shall be considered ineligible items:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by Fremont Bank’s current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Fremont Bank account.
- Checks payable on sight or payable through Drafts, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department
Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions:
You can review the Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.
Please see our Mobile Security Tips for information on how to secure your mobile devices.
Linking to Non-Fremont Bank Websites